Playing with light

phantomgti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw an article in a photog magazine and thought i'd give it a try too.

set.jpg

set-2.jpg

set-3.jpg

Not sure bout the reflections in the glass but cool concept ya learned. I like It.

not to bad i have the same magazine ;D i do believe you recreated it very well

not bad. the reflection are a little bit annoying. and that blue dot in the center of ur last pic.

Cool, I've never done this but I assume its done in complete darkness, about f/5.6 and bulb exposure with a led light?

Thanks for the comments. It was fun to see how each shot turned out.

i'm guessing a lot of the reflections are from "painting" the glass with the light.

@sovietdoc... i put it on f22 as per the mag's recommendation. exposed it for about 15sec each.

can you post a link to the article on how they did this? My guess is timed exposure, still light, wave a light behind the glass, sticking it over the glass so you're not lit up?

it's actually pretty simple. dark base for the light and a dark background. just manual focus and set up the shot before you turn out the lights. I used a 5 bulb led flashlight and just made sweeps and turns in front and behind the glass. all the light reflecting off the base is just from the flashlight.

i got the article from this magazine but i couldn't find it online. I'm sure i'd be breaking copyright law somewhere by scanning it and posting to the forums.

http://digitalslrphoto.com/Back_Issues/469586/may_2010_issue.html

Yeah, looks like it turned out pretty well... I think you may be able to avoid such highlights in the glass by moving your light source past the glass at a faster pace.

This makes me think of the sprint commercials! Very nice!

I tried this the other day with an LED flash light. F/5.6 15 second exposure. It seemed like i was getting way too much light in the exposure. I tried to stop down but it still seemed too bright. Any ideas? Flash light too bright?

I tried this the other day with an LED flash light. F/5.6 15 second exposure. It seemed like i was getting way too much light in the exposure. I tried to stop down but it still seemed too bright. Any ideas? Flash light too bright?

try using a small aperature. i used f22

very cool i dig these. ive tried this with my kids with the lights on a little while back, but with the lights off actually makes it a worth while picture. ii love this forum cuz u can always get new ideas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back