Playing with Light

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to expand, and it involves a lot of messing around with personal shooting boundries, which is kinda freaky as I'm doing this with paying clients. So far it's been a blast, and both the clients and I have been happy. (Keeping fingers crossed). Anyhoo, they got their "straight shots" but they seem to gravitate to the "fun" ones.
Hope ya like!

Jacoby-Col00025.jpg

Jacoby-Col00027.jpg

acover.jpg

I really love the first two. The first I just can't take my eyes off. There's something about the shadows playing with the hint of color of your subjects' clothing that keeps my eyes spellbound. Also the textures and colors of the grounds and wall work perfectly together and creates this very... I don't find a good word... intense? yeah, I think it's intense... this very intense feeling to the shot. I love it.

The second works well, too, in my opinion, though I'd love to see his nose, lips and chin a little more clearly defined. But that's only a minor thing, I think.

In the last picture there's this thing about her eyes that I don't like very much. It's far from being a bad picture, but I keep looking at her eyes thinking something's not quite right there. Maybe because you don't see her pupil but only her irises. I don't know.

But all in all these are lovely shots, not the ordinary standard thing but something special. Me likes. :)

interesting effect in shot #1.. I like it. Love the shadows and contrast.

I like them, especially the first two. I really like what you are doing with the light. I'd probably crop the second one if it were mine. The bridge and trees have become secondary subjects that are competing with the couple for my eye. She reminds me of Daryl Hannah in that last one. Her eye do look a little strange and sinister, with so much of them shrouded by her brow.

I liked #1 and #3. I liked the look on her face in the 3rd one which I think helps make that photo.

I think it's the background that's getting to me on #3. A shallower DOF would probably do the trick. Or maybe go the other way and give it more pop. Maybe give the whole image a little more contrast or color adjust. Hm... just loading it into PS as Adobe RGB and not sRGB does the trick. Did you forget to convert the color space before saving it to JPG?

Thank you guys. Great suggestions Marc. She does look like Darrel Hannah, huh!
Thanks for the kind words!

I was going to say Glenn Close, twenty years ago. Lovely lady. I loved the first shot.

Most reactions

Back