Playing with my lens

Lego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was heading to work and I was already late but the way the sky was I had to try to take a couple photos.... I was really late but I think I got some OK shots.

You have to bear with me because I don'n know what the lens was called but I was adjusting it to bring more blue into the photo.... let me know if I did OK.

I was going to point the camera more to the right but there was this big telephone poll in the way...

Adarkday01.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

I like all of these, and I like the second one best. You seem to have nailed the right combo of colors and light pretty good with that one. Mind if I ask how you were adjusting your lens to get more blue in the shot? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

These shots remind me of where I live. The sky looks just like this pretty regularly in the early mornings.

Same here. I'm kinda confused what he meant.

It's a nice shot. I like the red, but I don't really like the composition. It's a sillhouete, but it feels like its being split in half the wrong way(coz of the tree).

Also. You might want to up the aperture. I'm not sure if you had a tripid, but it seems like you did with the 1/20 shutter.

Where in BC do you live?

Thanks guys.

No tripod just by hand.

I live in Prince George BC.

The lens is called a Quantaray, and i should have called it a filter... opps sorry about that. http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Quantaray-Quantaray-58mm-Circular-Polarizer-Filter

When I was taking the photo I couldn't get a focus on sky only. So I found a house across the way pulled the focus from it and took the shots. Every shot I took I adjusted the filter a bit more and adjusted the apature. I wanted the shutter to be fast because I was holding it by hand. Then again I don't know if that was the best way of taking the shots. I'm really new to this photography stuff.

The reason for the tree was I had no choice for any other shots. There were a lot of houses around and dam telephone polls. So it was a choice between the telephone poll or the tree... I thought a tree would look better ;) Thanks for the tip though!! I appreciate it!! Thats why I'm using the forum...

Last edited:
...and dam telephone polls.

Trust me, I feel your pain on that one. Since I've gotten into photography it seems like those things are EVERYWHERE I LOOK. It drives me crazy! Can't get around them a lot of times either, which is really annoying when you have what would otherwise be a really good shot.

Most reactions

Back