www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In hindsight This one prolly should not have been done but owell :lol:

0054.jpg

Originally
0054_2.jpg

I know the DOF is too narrow but....

What is the deal with the little glowie halo dealie there?

I think you're right...the shot is kind of boring and probably doesn't need to be selective coloured...but it's good practice.
Which halo thingy are you talking about?

I see alot of dirt and dust spots.

I like the original better than the selective colored one.

I think you're right...the shot is kind of boring and probably doesn't need to be selective coloured...but it's good practice.
Which halo thingy are you talking about?

Look to the right of the colored flowers, the outer most ones have a rather drastic halo.

I think it may have something to do with the DOF but I am not sure. This type of selective color is not something I'm gonna do much of but I do want to know just for the sake of knowing.

That is Chromatic aberration..
Longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration of a lens is seen as "fringes" of color around the image, because each color in the optical spectrum cannot be focused at a single common point on the optical axis.
Since the focal length f of a lens is dependent on the refractive index n, different wavelengths of light will be focused on different positions. Chromatic aberration can be both longitudinal, in that different wavelengths are focused at a different distance from the lens; and transverse or lateral, in that different wavelengths are focused at different positions in the focal plane (because the magnification of the lens also varies with wavelength).

Go to Wikipedia for a fuller explanation. Hope that answers your question.

My 2 cents worth: I like the composition but:
1) Image is out of focus
2) Not a good candidate for selective colouring.
3) and observation: Periodically clean the dust off your lens (it is showing up on the image as tiny white spots.)

Am I right in thinking you started with a scanned print Battou? I'm guessing that's where the bits came from.

My 2 cents worth: I like the composition but:
1) Image is out of focus
2) Not a good candidate for selective colouring.
3) and observation: Periodically clean the dust off your lens (it is showing up on the image as tiny white spots.)

1) Image is focused, The DOF way too narrow to get all the flowers. I shot it at f/1.4 when I prolly should have used maybe f/2.8 or 4. It was also processed on MS Photodraw wich is known to make an image a little fuzzy on occations with import of large images

2) I know and noted that

3) The dust is not on the lens, dust on the lens shows as black, this dust is on the negitive, Despite efforts to clear the negitive prior to scanning I still find some remains, I am working on improving the cleaning process of my negitives and hopfully will be able to do so and get some more of my older images reprocessed.

Am I right in thinking you started with a scanned print Battou? I'm guessing that's where the bits came from.

Negitive, this is a scanned negitive done at 2710 dpi with Canon dedicated scanner. By bits I assume you are refering to the dust, correct?

Most reactions

Back