Pleasant timing

PJcam

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or should I say Pheasant timing.

I was out for a drive today with the wife and saw this beautiful pheasant, so stopped and managed to get a shot at it.

RSPB_Leighton_Moss_Pheasant1a.jpg

Lens Tamron EF SP150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2

ISO 400, f/8.0, 1/400

As a beginner I welcome all comments and suggestions. Your comments help me learn faster.

Thank you in advance.

Hi PJ, the thing I would say is, for any animal that is moving use a faster shutter speed. As it looks like the bird was just a bit to fast for you to get the focus, hope this helps.

Nice, but I agree with faster shutter speed.

Yesterday was first property day out with the camera, up to now I just taken a pigeon on a nearby chimney stack.

I took quite a few shots, various items, looking down footpaths with reeds and trees, some swans, some deer, a little egret, but I made mistakes, several. I guess the good thing, at this stage, is knowing what I did wrong so next time I don't make the same mistake.

Issue one is as you have stated, shutter speed, thanks guys.
Issue two was putting the Tamron 150-600mm lens on and taking all shots with it. The pathways ones in particular would have been better with the Canon EF-S 75-300 mm f/3.5-5.6 DCIII. I will share some of these tomorrow, as I value your replies, I value all replies, feel free to say what you see, say it as it is, that is what I want, it will help me learn faster. I am aware somethings are not straight forward for me as everything is done from my power wheelchair, I need the wife's help when I change a lens as the bag with lenses is secured to the back of my chair. That was why I had the big lens on for everything, but have learnt by it. It was needed for the wildlife shots but, the shutter speed was way out. Lot to think about first time out.

Thanks again all who have commented.

Most reactions

Back