Please critique my first photo post...

you should try and stay away from making these stupid comments, especially when at least over 50 percent of photographers use Mac.

50 percent would be a great understatment, maybe 70-80 percent.

This is meant to be ironic. . .yes?

OMG people...

BTW, if you install an app like Opanda IEXIF, you can just right-click people's images and get all the EXIF data. No point to post it manually- the info is there in most people's shots.

Now to the image...

Some tips on night photography on skylines for the OP.

1. Always manual focus. Never auto. Focus to infinity- be sure infinity on your lens is truly infinity- sometimes it's not marked correctly.
2. Shoot in raw so you can adjust color balance later.
3. Use a tripod (I imagine you did, I'm just saying)
4. Try to use smaller aperatures if you want "stars" on your light sources (most people like that effect... I know I do)
5. If you want to be hyper-anal, lock up your shutter before opening the curtain. :) Cuts down the shake of the camera.

BTW, you have a lot of dead space on the top of that image- might be better to point the camera down more or crop it.

OMG people...

BTW, if you install an app like Opanda IEXIF, you can just right-click people's images and get all the EXIF data. No point to post it manually- the info is there in most people's shots.

Now to the image...

Some tips on night photography on skylines for the OP.

1. Always manual focus. Never auto. Focus to infinity- be sure infinity on your lens is truly infinity- sometimes it's not marked correctly.
2. Shoot in raw so you can adjust color balance later.
3. Use a tripod (I imagine you did, I'm just saying)
4. Try to use smaller aperatures if you want "stars" on your light sources (most people like that effect... I know I do)
5. If you want to be hyper-anal, lock up your shutter before opening the curtain. :) Cuts down the shake of the camera.

BTW, you have a lot of dead space on the top of that image- might be better to point the camera down more or crop it.

OMG MANAHEIM people have already said to crop it. Sorry You were ragging on us for posting twice, had to do the same to you. :lol:

Nice shot. Being that I can't shoot landscapes for da**ed, I don't have any CC other than there is too much black sky for my liking.

And wow, some people take a random, off hand comment WAY too seriously.

OMG MANAHEIM people have already said to crop it. Sorry You were ragging on us for posting twice, had to do the same to you. :lol:

I live to be ragged on. It is my calling. Thank you for fulfilling my fondest wish.

:lol:

Nice Photo and welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back