Please critique my work

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by samcolby, Mar 24, 2012.

1. samcolby

samcolby TPF Noob!

1. $tyler nose.jpg 2. $UNH.jpg 3. $dillon.jpg 4. $tyler.jpg

2. OscarWilde

OscarWilde TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Have a feeling this is going to be moved to the "General Gallery" or somewhere...

Anyway, (These are just my opinions and aren't based on much in the way of "technicality")

1. One is okay, a tad boring maybe? The angle may have been better from the "opposite" angle looking away from the building. Makes for a more interesting background. (maybe...)

2. Is my favorite. Some of industrial kind of stuff kills it a bit (the roof unit, and the lights? on the columns) but I like the juxtaposition between the blooming tree and the kind of "dead' vibes the lighting gives.

(Unlabeled #3). I know its fun when playing around with exposures to make ghosts of yourself, but as a photograph it isn't really much of anything :p nor is the composition very good :p

4. second favorite. It has the best lighting (for my tastes; although still pretty "dead" looking) and the timing and the angle are both good. Could have had some tighter framing on the skater. (ie. Zooming in closer to the window.)

Overall,
    Not sure if it is just the look you are going for, but you definitely have a "sorrowful" vibe to your photos. Nothing is vibrant or very positive looking. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just wasn't sure if that is what you were going for!

My 2 cents!

Cheers

Edit: (You also haven't selected whether your photos are okay to edit, otherwise I would demonstrate for a couple of my comments... )

3. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Yep. I have moved it to the General Gallery, because like it says in the Beginner's forum description:

• Like Like x 1
  4. samcolby

samcolby TPF Noob!

thanks for the feedback! and on 2 and 4 i desaturated them a bit, gives it a more "sad" feeling

5. Frequency

Frequency Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    The action shots should have been more filling the frame i feel :D

The tree + House looks fine; but showing a house after hiding it mostly is not good; if it were all about the tree, i would prefer a tree-alone image with low DOF

Ghost image is OK

Regards :D

6. F_Stopped

F_Stopped TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

2 and 4 are my favorites also. 1 isn't bad, I wish the depth of field were adjusted slightly. I think it would add a little more visual interest. I like the composition of those 3. 3 seems a bit gimmicky, but kudos for trying something out, it's how we develop as photographers.....no pun intended :) Well done.