Please Critique

For me to give you a critique will you answer one question for me on EACH of the photos.

Before you decided to take the photos, WHAT was your purpose for taking the photo? (did it just look cool, did you plan on selling it, etc....)

Analogy: A woman asks do I look fat in this outfit? Well is the outfit supposed to be as revealing/tight as a swimsuit, is it supposed to be blowing in the wind, etc.... Depending on how the outfit is supposed to be worn, can really determine if she is fat in it or not!

All three were meant to be sold as part of a portrait session. The first is my daughter. I was practicing with lighting and photoshopping and she was my model. I wanted to use it as part of the gallery on my website. The second is a high school senior. This was one of the ones she chose for her senior portraits. The last was a shot from a newborn shoot. I also wanted to use it on my website as part of the gallery.

#1. Great Detail and beautiful eyes. The hairs on the girls face are distracting and her color is blown out. I'd like it better if her front hand was in focus.

# 2. good framing of the subject and colors. The bright white dot int he background is distracting and I wish her eyes were more in focus/ had more light in them (like the photo above). There is a little bit of sunlight on her cheek, this doesn't bother me but some people would really dislike it.

# 3. I love this photo. A few suggestions: The top of the diamond ring is not shining/sparkling, it looks almost like it's matte finish. The hairs on the guys hand look very wirey, like the contrast is too high.

Hope this helps!

The images appear too large for my monitor without alot of scrolling.. Sorry, maybe next time.

First off, if you are wanting critique, the best bet is to embed the photos in the thread.

Secondly......
All three were meant to be sold as part of a portrait session. The first is my daughter.....
Who's gonna buy images of your daughter other than family, friends and perverts?

Funny how you named the file *_small but they are huge LOL

The color saturation seems too high, at least high enough for me to react negatively. I also think the high saturation is killing some details on the skin.

The last photo nice except the rings..... I mean, that's a lot of bling on a baby! I think you also applied some ps filter on it to reduce the noise or something. Again, it's enough that I react to it.

Compositions are great.

chicken fried steak isnt chicken man. It is beef LOL.

Most reactions

Back