please help a newb

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, longest story short, I purchased a Sony a200 and I have an old assortment of Canon FD lenses, I found this adapter on B and H which I didn't know existed.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/97537-REG/General_Brand__Maxxum_Body_to_Canon.html

I'm just curious, what features do I lose? I'm a newb so I don't understand what the description says. So if you could dumb it down that would be great...LOL...Lastly, this adapter won't hurt the camera body will it? Just curious, thanks in advance guys...

Looking at that link - It's for a Minolta Maxxum body though just found a link that Sonys can take the lens for the Minolta maxxum - so maybe it would work? Not sure....

The adapter would work on your camera. However, there would be some limitations: obviously there would be no autofocus and you would have to change the aperture on the lens manually because the camera cannot control that via the adapter.

Typically it means that the light meter works, but little else. So you set your camera to Manual, and it will tell you that you're off the exposure, so you'll need to adjust your shutter speed if you're shooting at a certain aperture (or your aperture if you want to shoot at a certain speed.) It's also manual focus.

I'm used to shooting this way with Leica R lenses on my Canon camera. It's the way I learned, so it's a return to the old ways for me.

Cool guys, thanks for the clarifications...

Most reactions

Back