What's new

Please help identify!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can someone please tell me what and whereabouts in Manhattan this building is?



More than 8 years later, I am trying to retrace our walks with the help of my photos (putting together a photo book), and can't find this building. Tried and tried with Google Maps and their LiveView, but I don't seem to get anywhere.
Anyone?
 
no idea...
but nice to see you around here again!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Thanks pixmedic --- and I am still very much hoping for help! I remember we walked and walked and walked down Fifth Avenue, trying to find the Rockefeller Center, but "walking" the same routen today with the help of LiveView on Google Maps doesn't take me past anything that looks like it. Though I might have shuffled my photos a little, so they not necessarily follow a chronological order...!? Should go dig out the originals... that might help, too. Maybe?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
THANK YOU, Runnah :hugs:

My ... we DID get lost when we traipsed along the streets of Manhattan...! No wonder I could no longer find it when using STREETView (<-that's what it's called, of course). We apparently went this way and that and such ... I remember my dear husband was all knackered at the end of the day. Now I understand!!!
 
THANK YOU, Runnah :hugs:

My ... we DID get lost when we traipsed along the streets of Manhattan...! No wonder I could no longer find it when using STREETView (<-that's what it's called, of course). We apparently went this way and that and such ... I remember my dear husband was all knackered at the end of the day. Now I understand!!!

It's on the backside of Grand Central Station.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Cool, now that you told me the name of the building and its whereabouts, I could also spot and identify it on one of my photos taken from the top of the ESB a day later! :)
I now believe that - should I ever get back to NYC - I might find my way there more easily than we did those 8 years ago :)

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom