Please help me choose my first DSLR!

Sloth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings, I am Sloth, I'm new here and I am going to invest in a new camera soon. I want to shoot mainly normal things for now, such as friends, scenery, cool objects/items I come across.

However, I eventually want to shoot concerts/artists performing; both stills and video. I did a fair amount of research, got familiar with the basics, and have decided to go the Nikon route based on the more updated sensors.

My range is around $5-$700, give or take, and I have narrowed it down to a few models. (5300, 5500, 5600). My main questions are basically: are the higher prices actually backed up by an increase in quality/ability? Is the 5500 that much better than 5300, 5600 better than 5500, etc. How are they better? Or am I aiming too high for my first camera? It seems the 3--- models have had some problems/difficulty in the reviews that's why I'm looking at the 5--- models. I'm probably going to be in low light (small venues) a fair amount of the time. I know I am a beginner but I would like to put myself in a good position with a quality camera/set up. I feel like I learn quickly and am pretty inspired. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what the actual difference between the D5500 and D5600. But the D5500 scores better in sensor testing. The D5500 has slight higher ISO.

From what I read the D5600 starts up faster, has bluetooth, apparently less shutter lag, also NFC options.

Thank you! Would the better sensor/slightly higher iso opt for a better option for low light photos ? How would the shutter lag come in to play ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back