Please help me locate and acquire a converter ring

Rob Nicholas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi... New member here looking for help. I read that macro/table top photographers often use an enlarger lens for close up work and I have an excellent EL-Nikkor that I would like to use. I have a Nikon F body adapter which give a 52mm male thread. I have managed to find a 52mm to 39mm step down filter which has a 39mm female thread but has a 52mm male thread.
To solve my predicament I need to buy either a Nikon F body adapter to 39mm female thread (unlikely, I'm sure...), a 52mm female to 39mm female step down ring or a 52mm female to 52mm female joining ring.
I have tried the usual ebay/amazon/major UK importers sites with no luck. Can anyone suggest where I might get something suitable?

Regards
Rob

Fotodiox.com

39mm thread to Nikon F.... been made for yeeeeeeeears... great for close-up work with either a helicoid, or bellows, or extension tubes.

Thanks all for your help. Have located a UK supplier (have decided against buying from China because of the interminable delays in delivery) who has the item in stock. Not too sure how this lockdown scenario is affecting the US members but on a practical level it has put the brakes on my favourite street photography here, hence my sudden interest in indoor work.

Regards
Rob

A 39-52mm ring is unlikely to be any use. The enlarger lens is probably M39 mount but will almost certainly have a different thread at the front. If stacking with another lens the front one needs to be reversed...

As far as deliveries from China go they are very variable, I've recently had a few arrive within 3 days, while an item listed as being in a town ~20 miles away turns out to be coming from China :angry: and has failed to arrive in the listed time slot...

A 39-52mm ring is unlikely to be any use. The enlarger lens is probably M39 mount but will almost certainly have a different thread at the front. If stacking with another lens the front one needs to be reversed...

As far as deliveries from China go they are very variable, I've recently had a few arrive within 3 days, while an item listed as being in a town ~20 miles away turns out to be coming from China :angry: and has failed to arrive in the listed time slot...

Thanks, PC. Located a FX body to 39mm adapter from Dumfries Photo - looking forward to trying out the Nikon enlarger lens with it. One of my Chinese orders in fact arrived in yesterdays post - just 4 orders from wish.com to come!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back