Please offer me technical advice (one photograph)

andrada76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_8358.jpg

This is the original photograph. What is your opinion - about everything in it.

If you are looking for an opinion all I can offer is that it looks like a snapshot. Direct on camera flash, very hard shadow behind her feet, but not enough light to fill the scene. The purse on the wall behind her is a distraction.

As far as capturing the moment, the motion does appear to be stopped but she looks a little awkward in the jump. The raised left hand says Stop to me and the look on her face says I can't believe I am doing this.

What sort of technical advice are you looking for? What were you going for in this photo? It is certainly a snapshot, but snapshot photography is wonderful in its own right, so it's really only a problem if you were going for something other than the snapshot look. It's kind of a funny image. I can't tell where she is or why she might be jumping. It has a bit of charm that way, I think, but again, depends on what you're going for.

I think you were very facinated and happy that you managed to capture a shot that froze your subject in the air that you would probably would not see a stopped vision in real life.

So you posted your capture and shared it with everybody and asked for comments, hoping that many others would share your sense of satisfaction. If the above was your intention, here are my humble comments:

Good capturing of the image in mid-air. If it was done with a Point-&-Shoot compact camera, it was definitely a great moment! However, the expression on your subject's face was kind of tensed. There are also red-eyes in the image as well. Overall good take and kudos to you for the timing!

That is all I can offer. If you are into photography or are new to photography, this is a good start. If you are already into photography and you had been shooting for some time, then a lot of members here would have many other comments to tell you. :)

Good capturing of the image in mid-air. If it was done with a Point-&-Shoot compact camera, it was definitely a great moment!
Nikon D80, 35mm f/6.3, 1/60s, ISO 640, auto flash,over 57k shutter actuations, according to the EXIF.

What everyone else said. It looks like a snapshot with a point and shoot. No detail or definition or presence. Just my opinion

IMO:
Theirs not really alot right with this photo.
Jump shots are really more just a fun photo, lighting is bad, the subject looks stunned and over all the shot lacks interest. Apart from the timing of the jump this shot is nothing more than ordinary.

Work on lighting, if you want to do this shot, probably shoot at day time. The back falling shadow is very intense and distracting.

Just alot of work needed on technique.

Don't be offended and keep going for it :)

Dave.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back