What's new

Please rip me a new one...

ElectroSpotlight

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 3, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
4
Location
Fullerton, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...well... truthful and helpful criticism is what I am looking for :) pretty amateur photographer in my opinion... but I have some good shots.

img5big.jpg

img2big.jpg

img4big.jpg

img6big.jpg


you can see more shots on instagram @electrospotlight and @barrikkade
or Electro Spotlight - News, Music, Photos, Events, Downloads and Caleb Correa Design & Photography Portfolio
 
I would love to see the cityscape/landscape shot in colour. I like the dog portrait best for its beautiful detail and lovely expression, followed by the crowd scene which is energetic and vibrant. #1 is good, but seems a touch over-saturated. All of them suggest that you're good, so don't under-rate yourself. :)
 
I love the crowd one. The B&W lacks a bit of punch but still good. Topmost is very artistic and works very well for me.

Guess that is what I love about photography...One person sees something in one way and someone a different way...and no one is ever wrong and we don't have to argue about it :)..

Good work...and like...harishankar said...don't shoot yourself down before you even tried..
 
The dog and the city are kinda meh.

The shot of the singer is great. Nice use of color.

The crowd shot is awesome. Love the feel of it- the people all wearing glasses raises interesting questions. Movie? But then why is the girl standing? What's the stuff in the air? Very interesting !
 
1 & 3, love. I kind of wish the gal wasn't centered, but it's still a great photo. Love the colors in the first. The composition is nice too :)

2 & 4, eh. They aren't bad, but they don't stand up to the other two you posted. The 4th would be my least favorite, maybe because of the perspective or possibly the all-over yellow tint.

ETA: I really don't care that the girl is centered. I looked at the photo again, and there are other girls above the crowd at traditional points of interest. Great shot.
 
I love the crowd shot. Nothing like a pretty girl being isolated out of a crowd to create a big statement.
 
sweet!

the crowd shot was taken at a new years eve event, it was a white party so everyone is wearing white and the "specs" are snow falling from the ceiling, the first photo is from the band "Walk the Moon"

I do alot of concert/rave/band photography, my next event is Coachella <3
 
aperture setting on dog looks greedy, part of the dog looks soft

dog is warm
 
I guess I'm in the minority here in that the crowd picture is my least favorite of the bunch. For some reason, I tend to be very sensitive to "forced perspectives" in the 2-D medium of pictures, so as soon as I notice one, it's quite literally all I can see when I look at the photo. In that picture, it looks like some random disembodied man-hand is rising from the depths of the earth to give that girl a titty twister.

I really like the shot of the singer, but I might knock the saturation down just a tad.
 
its not like i had time to setup the crowd shot... it was an action shot so i had to work fast. i like that one :)

my photos are ok to edit... someone knock down the saturation to what you think the first pic should be
 
Great start, I like them all. #1 is my favorite (love the vibrant colors, although the singer is a bit soft IMO), followed by #3 - a 'good' action shot
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom