TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
448904_003_2.jpg

See it Bigger Here

I dont think he wants to share. Was this heavily cropped? It looks really pixely/noisy.

I dont think he wants to share. Was this heavily cropped? It looks really pixely/noisy.

No, it was cropped but not too heavily, I shoot film so I have grain in almost every thing I post.

I'll bring in an unedited scan of the full frame tomorrow if I can remember.

I ran home during break and scanned it again with out the crop, I my hurry I accidentally scanned it at the wrong exposure setting and It's pretty sloppy with dust but you can see how much cropping was done. The resize was done by auto resize on PB.

003_fullframe_unprocessed.jpg

The scene as such is EVER SO CUUUUTE!
To get this shallow DOF, did you (have to?) go wide open? Were you happy you had to go wide open (in case you had to because there was only that much light)?

The cropping was done nicely. That wall makes a good by-element in this photo, along with the two (American!) robins.

With the given light I actually could have gone a stop or two lower even handheld (as I was shooting that day) but yes it was wide open at 5.6 as most of my shots with the 400mm are. I was so pleased those two allowed me to walk up as close to them as I did to get the shot and then allow me to take it. I was not to distressed about the DOF failure all things considered.

Hey Battou... it's really noisy... :) Kidding... My only complaint (a small one at that) is I would like to see the other bird a little bit more. He's hiding a little. Other than that... I think this shot portrays what you have named the photo very well..

Hey Battou... it's really noisy... :) Kidding... My only complaint (a small one at that) is I would like to see the other bird a little bit more. He's hiding a little. Other than that... I think this shot portrays what you have named the photo very well..

Yeah I noticed the DOF miss when I got it back, this is a result of a bit of a habit I have developed with this particular lens. It's a bit trickier to use than the 400mm lenses most around here use (considerably slower) and I end up with a bunch of vibroblur shots so I tend to keep it wide open when walking with it to use faster shutter speeds. That said I also tend to adjust shutter speed directly for 5.6 with out thought. This is something I do need to work on with this lens, it's still relitivly new in my hands and I still have to work on working my bugs out.

In hindsight I could have gotten eight and maybe eleven on this one but then again I did manage to walk up to within fourty/fifty feet of them for this shot any wrong move and I would have missed it all together. As it was the shutter and mirror smack sent them runnin for home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back