Please step away from the HDR with your arms in the air...

But I LIKE my narrow views, damnit.

:lol:

narrow views aside...

I swear I can't tell you how many "HDRs" I've seen on the forum this week that just look like slightly oddly corrected standard exposures. I think a big part of the problem here is people SERIOUSLY have no idea what an HDR is or why you do it.

I would have just as much issue with this as I would with someone using a spatula as a hammer. It's just silly. Understand the tool and understand the use for the tool. If you wanna be a BIT creative and use your hammer to bang in screws, that's one thing, but...

*puts down his spatula* Hey! I'm a student. You do what ya gotta do. *keeps hammering nails with his spatula*

That's it, you're dead to me!

:lol:

*puts down his spatula* Hey! I'm a student. You do what ya gotta do. *keeps hammering nails with his spatula*

Alright, that's it. I'm taking a collection so we can send a hammer to musicaleCA. Along with a six-pack of Ramen noodles, of course.

:lmao:

There is an immense amount of complaining about HDR from every possible side of the argument on this forum. I have no idea why so many people care in the slightest.

It's like you all have a personal stake in all photography mimicking reality perfectly. If someone else takes a bad photograph (in your eyes) why do you care? It's even in a segregated forum, so you wouldn't even have to see it unless you came out of your way to complain about it.

There is an immense amount of complaining about HDR from every possible side of the argument on this forum. I have no idea why so many people care in the slightest.

It's like you all have a personal stake in all photography mimicking reality perfectly. If someone else takes a bad photograph (in your eyes) why do you care? It's even in a segregated forum, so you wouldn't even have to see it unless you came out of your way to complain about it.

Ever read anything about philosophy? People debate the nature and actions of other people. It's been gong on for a while now. :)

Not that I would hearken the members of TPF to Socrates, but it is human nature to question ourselves and our behaviors... strive for whatever any one of us individually thinks is the better way to do things.

It's really a survival instinct... we want people to bow down to our way of doing things because then we expend less resources in being "right" than we would have to if we changed...

... however, a simpler-minded view on this would be "Most people think they're right and it pisses them off when others are wrong."

<grin>

personal opinion here... but if people post "bad" hdr's, and get critiqued (actual critique, not hand holding) then they can get better... but if you say "stop trying" then how can anyone actually get better or, hell for that matter, even start in the first place?

seeing things like this really upset me... especially in a place where people come to get critiques and suggestions from others. i have yet to see someone post on this forum saying "this is it, i've beaten photography, i am awesome, no one can critique me!!!"

EVERYONE wants suggestions on how to get better... even the newbies. i say, let the newbies take the photos, post the photos, and get ripped to shreds (myself included). At least we will know what NOT to do next time.

but if you say "stop trying" then how can anyone actually get better

I don't think anyone is saying "stop trying", we're just saying "call it what it is" (not "HDR").

Josh, Josh, Josh... we can barely speak everyday english correctly anymore. Do you really expect us to know the exact definition of HDR?
:lmao:

wut you talkin bout?

lets get ready to rummmble..lol

but if you say "stop trying" then how can anyone actually get better

I don't think anyone is saying "stop trying", we're just saying "call it what it is" (not "HDR").

Maybe its just me, but when I read something like "Please step away from the HDR" it sounds like "stop doing what you are doing"... aka... stop trying

I have no problems with either of the two styles of HDR, and I personally think they both have merit. I really don't see why they aren't both acceptable. That being said, a "good" HDR should be easily identifiable as either realistic or surrealistic... but they are both "good" ways of doing HDR.

Most reactions

Back