Please Tell me what you think *beginner*

They are beginner shot for sure. I suggest looking into composition rules as mentioned above. Try to have a subject or something to look at in every photo you take. The big tree could be it on the right, but the way you composed the shot makes it flat and a boring. Learning some of the basics of composition will help you make your subject more appealing.

Also when you ask for advice or criticism you need to approach the responses with a more open attitude. People love to help out individuals who ask questions and seem to want to learn how to be better. Defensiveness will never help you improve. Learn to see the faults pointed out in your photography as opportunities to learn, not personal attacks.

To sum it up: Look up rules of Composition

Agree with all them.
The link you posted has photos that are in a different realm then your photo you posted... With experience you can get there though.

You also seem a tad bit defensive.

The photo in the link is very good, it has focus on the rusty bike and metal bits, the tree in the background looks weatherd and spindly, the sky is also full of drama.
Your shot is just a bit boring, nothing really focused on well, no points of interest, and not something portrayed in an interesting way.
Probably a mose suitible reference to "good but boring" photography would be one of my personal favoutires.
Uta Barth:
Uta Barth - Sundial (07.12), (Detail) - Artwork details at artnet

Hmmm also, no need to be so sensitive, no one on here is trying to make you a worse photographer or make you feel bad. If you post, expect people honest opinions.

Just my 2c.

I hope you have heard enough, photography is all about escape when it comes to landscape photography, when you have a free evening, just go walk, go where you have never been, and just walk, if you see something cool, stop and relax, dont take pictures yet, just take in your surroundings. enjoy being outdoors. its a hobby ideas will come to you. then take.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back