pls help with photo titles for an exhibition

That expression in #5 says "Burden" to me...

Number 8 makes me think of a little stubborn child who just wants to be impossible, but the only thing you can do is to smile, because she is the most precious thing in you life.

So the title could be precious or important.
2. Old Woman Sitting on Couch.

Thank you all, but the photos were titled and handed over before you suggested titles.

I think simpler is better. I started noticing at exhibits how photos were titled, how they were displayed, etc. long before I ever started doing submissions (but you may not have had an opportunity to do that). Maybe look up some famous photographers or current photography exhibits and notice how the photos are titled.
I wouldn't think you'd want to influence how a photo gets judged by what you title it; at least I feel like photos need to stand on their own. I know when I've done submissions all they see initially is the photo - often the way it's titled for submission is just my name and #1, #2, etc. (or exhibit name, my name, photo# ). Then if it's accepted I need to title it for display, write a blurb or a bio, etc. where it can get more descriptive.

But mine are pretty basic, I title a photo so I know which one it is. One of mine was 'Tree shadows in snow', another is 'Evening clouds'. I just title it what it is. I don't know what the expectation is or how photos are usually titled for the traveling exhibit that yours will be shown in. What you've described sounds somewhat different than what's done here in my experience.

Photos must be titled after they are approved for the exhibition and they must have that title in every future exhibition. That is the case with this particular exhibition because you're submitting to the Club basically and there are about 10 clubs that organize this State exhibition.
For other (international) exhibitions that include FIAP, PSA and similar, photos must be titled while submitting with the same title as in the instance mentioned above.

(I'm going to find FIAP, PSA and other organizations online because I don't quite understand ranking systems and everything.. There are submission fees for some of the exhibitions and I'm not sure if it is worthy of paying...)

I titled them all in a way that doesn't influence the viewer. I let the picture say what it has to say but I won't title pictures with "child" "lady" "woman" "man"

I think people bring their own life experiences to what they see in photos or artwork so different people may see something different in the same photo. In #5 I think there is so much emotion in that face and in those eyes that it could be described in many ways.
exactly. That's why I had such a difficult time titling it

And by the way - congratulations!!! It's a wonderful achievement to have your photos accepted and you should feel proud of what you accomplished. Go girl!
Oh thank you, but it's really nothing special because it's just that, the photos are accepted...but I'll be glad if I get noticed by the jury and I'm curious to try on an international level. Not going to be that much disappointed because I don't expect anything but I am optimistic that much to try.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back