DeadEye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:thumbdown: I guess I got a bad one. I have two Pluss II. Everyone says there rock solid never miss a pop. At say 50 feet yes. But on mine at 150 feet you will miss 9 out of ten. Im talking line of sight you can see the other wizard on the light stand. At 200 feet not a chance. Well I just ordered another one this time a Multimax. I need like 400 feet minium 600 better to do a remote setup.

What range have you gotten out of your Wizards?

Don't have them myself, but I thought 1500 ' was within range. Interested to see what happens on this thread.

Just make sure all is right with your settings.

You set up flashes 150' from you and it's still not far enough? What are you trying to light with these pocket wizards? Passing asteroids?

From the website: 1600 feet + for the Plus II. And you shouldn't need a line of sight for these they don't use an optical form of transferring data thats why there is an antenna.

Hee hee a passing astroid will be next maybe. The lights will be up close to subject mounted on bamboo poles out in the creek and and camera also triggered by a wizard about 25 feet away from subject . I need to be far far away watching on a big honking spotting scope and trigger of the whole hot mess from there. ( These critters are very skittish of people and won't act natural if they think you are around ).

At the strobist people are reporting rock solid 1200 feet with the pluss II so I guess I have a bad One.

I assume that you had fresh batteries in them?

Could be that you got a bad one, I'd return it for another one (or set).

I guess another possibility would be radio interference...any chance of that?

I assume that you had fresh batteries in them?

Could be that you got a bad one, I'd return it for another one (or set).

I guess another possibility would be radio interference...any chance of that?

Iv tryed EVERYTHING new batterys. every channel . and a differant location ( miles away ) there rock sold at 100 feet and not a chance at 300 feet. I need a multimax anyway so I ordered one and will use it to figure out what one is bad. At this point Im thinking its a bad internal connection to antenna as if it were a bad transmitter or receiver side it would work well by swapping them.

Return them and ask for replacements.

I would make SURE that new batteries were used beforehand.

I know poeple that have tested them at 100 ft through several floors and over 1000ft line of sight at a 100% success ratio.

Thanks Jerry . Well I tryed again and with brand new coppertop duracell straight out of new package with same results. I had a shipmate stand by it to watch the little led that goes soild if you hold the test button on other wizard, at about 300 feet I could hold it all day and the light never lit . Oh well Ill send em in when I get home.

Ok I am banging my head against a wall with these wizards. I got them back today from Pocket Wizard were they checked them out and said they were in spec. They also range tested them from one end of there parking lot to the other and they never missed a pop. Well they dont like me because I CANT get over 150 feet still. I suppose I will have to drive to some remote location and try again but the three locations I like to shoot at are not liked by wizards.:thumbdown:

Most reactions

Back