Podcasts

Yes. Bunch from CIO mag, some financial stuff, some business stuff. I actually am working on one for a friend who has a radio show in the area.

I'm thinking of putting one together. I have a few really funny friends. It would totally be like a howard stern type thing. Only we'd be good looking.

One of my friends has one going, apparently it's gotten pretty popular...it's called Ginormie radio, ch-ch-check it out, its on itunes.

Aoide said:
Yes I do! Some of my favorites (and this will definitely confirm what a mega-nerd I am.

The MacCast

Slacker Astronomy

Slice of Scifi

TheForce.net

The Word Nerds

This Week in Tech: My absolute favorite. The old Tech TV gang all together again.

Gosh, it looks worse than I even realized. Oh well. I'm a geeky girl.

EVO AND MIKE! Those guys have gotten me hooked on podcasts. I just recieved my first MP3 player last week and have already gone through the first 28 episodes of Slice Of Sci Fi, I have the TFN downloaded and thanks for the Tech TV gang link, I miss The Screensavers.

Ricky Gervais did a series of 12 that I hear are hilarious. I only managed to get the last episode and it made laugh out loud on the subway a few times.

I don't think the old episodes are available from his site though. I looked. Maybe no hard enough. If anyone finds them, let me know.

Yeah several...
Have Games, Will Travel
World of Warcraft Tips
Gryphon's Guide to the Galaxy
All things dork
Escape Pod

just to name a few.

Let us know whats up with yers scotty... I want to hear it!!

mygrain said:
Yeah several...
Have Games, Will Travel
World of Warcraft Tips
Gryphon's Guide to the Galaxy
All things dork
Escape Pod

just to name a few.

Let us know whats up with yers scotty... I want to hear it!!

You play WoW Mygrain? If you ever are on Kilrogg keep an eye (or friends list) out for Chaingunner :)

I just discovered podcasting last week so I'm still exploring. Currently Slice Of Sci Fi is the main one but I have downloaded the following

BostonGeek
Taverncast
Mugglecast
Earthcore
Dark Projects Generation 1 - Novel
2600: The Hacker quarterly
The Kick Ass Mystic Ninjas
Babylon5podcast
theforce.net

Can someone explain what a podcast is? I always here people referencing them yet I have been unable to come up with an idea of what they are. Are they radio shows for ipods? Any kind of explaination minus the technical mumbo-jumbo would be great!

andreag5 said:
Can someone explain what a podcast is? I always here people referencing them yet I have been unable to come up with an idea of what they are. Are they radio shows for ipods? Any kind of explaination minus the technical mumbo-jumbo would be great!

Essentially they are radio shows, minus the radio. They can be music or talk about almost any subject you can imagine. I tend to lean towards Sci Fi/Fantasy talk shows. Basically they are sound files that you can play on your computer or portable mp3/music player or even burn to CD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back