polar filter for fish eye?

How can you have a polar filter for fish eye? Can u give me a link to the sigma one?

Most fisheye lenses I've seen require an internal or behind the lens filter, and I don't know that I've ever seen a polarizing filter for one (that doesn't mean they aren't out there).

When using a polarizing filter with a 180 degree angle of view you'd get a sort of gradient polarizing effect. Depending on your orientation to the arc of the sun the polarizing effect would be greater in some areas of the image than others. You can often see this even in more normal wide angle lenses such as a 28mm (for 35mm film).

I think there is no way to put it on the front, try to investigate if there is a way to put something in the back and your lens admit it.
Jaime.
www.jmraso.com

Ditto on the comments. I have Sigma 14mm Canon FD it uses a gelatin internal filter.

Is this your lens?
SG1528EOS.jpg

Sigma web site
----. It accepts removable gelatin filters in a holder near the rear of the lens----

Do you mean the internal filters? I have never used them myself. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe this lens use Wratten style filters. That is mylar film that you cut to fit. And slip under a clip in the back of the lens. At less my lens work that way. Adorama in NY or any large shop should have it. I could not find Wratten style polarizer material.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

The other opinion I imagined was to hold a large filter in front of the lens. Torching the build in lens hold. But this maybe cause glare problem. Again any large shop should have these filters or can get them. http://www.adorama.com/SR4XCTP.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back