Polaroid Sx-70. Help!

JohnnyLovely

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My girlfriend is obsessed with these cameras, so I would love to purchase her one for Christmas. The thing is, the film for it is discontinued. I've heard you can use Polaroid 600 with it, but then I've heard from some other people that you have to modify the whole thing and that the 600 film is hard to fit into it.
Can anyone tell me different or elaborate on this?
Please reply ASAP.

Just go to Polaroid's website. They have instructions on what to do to make 600 film work. Murray

Its pretty easy to modify the 600 cartridge to fit in the SX70 but the meter is gong to be way off due to the ISO differences between the 600 and time-zero films. This is detailed on polaroid's website.... one option is to essentially put an ND filter in front of the metering cell.

the other option is to use SX-70 blend film: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SX-70_Blend
Unfortunately, it is difficult to find.

I have one expired time-zero pack in the fridge for my SX-70.... bummer... The end of time zero pretty much ended Polaroid manipulation as an art form.

btw.. here's mine:

130985790.jpg

If you can find the stainless steel and leather version like this one, it has a super nice feel to it.

Most reactions

Back