Police charge

Slaphead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this back in May during the 1st of May festivities in Zürich. This photo may well have been posted before in the beginner section (I posted a number regarding this subject), but as I have a day off work and it's raining, I thought I'd have a look at some older photos and give them the black and white treatment.

I'm not sure if B&W works for a photo of this nature. Let me know what you think.

DSC_0199.JPG.jpg

it absolutely works in monochrome.

It's great as is. Wonder how it might be with a bit of grain added?

Police charge?

Why do I have this (apparently wrong) impression that the Swiss are a staid, mellow populace, rather prim and proper banking types?

Too many old movies, perhaps? :wink:

Why do I have this (apparently wrong) impression that the Swiss are a staid, mellow populace, rather prim and proper banking types?

Too many old movies, perhaps? :wink:

LOL. That, for most of the year, is reasonably true. But the 1st of May seems to be a tradition here. It gives the police an opportunity to try out their new toys and tactics and gives the rioters a chance to throw rocks and various other articles at the police and smash a few things up. Its good clean family fun - I've even seen rioters that are chatting, joking, and discussing the day with the police as they're being arrested.

And of course with typical swiss punctuality this yearly "knees up" happens on the 1st of May at Helvetia Platz at 4.00pm sharp - you could set your watch by it.

Amazing! Perfectly captured. There's no doubt the BW works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back