Ponytail

Thanks Pisto

Nice technique on this,dude. I like the slightly blue tone on the flowing water...that has a very long-term feeling of "how it looks on film" when shooting in that kind of forest lighting condition...a wee bit of blue in the highlights on moving water, to me, looks perfectly acceptable. In fact, I think I actually prefer it to neutral or warm highlights on blurred, moving water. While you were making that image, I was at Horsetail Falls, photographing a newlywed couple from Ft. Luderdale...and I too went with slightly blue-toned water.

How long is this exposure?Is that like 3 seconds, or 10 seconds?

Nice technique on this. I like the slightly blue tone on the flowing water...that has a very long-term feeling of "how it looks on film" when shooting in that kind of forest lighting condition...a wee bit of blue in the highlights on moving water, to me, looks perfectly acceptable. In fact, I think I actually prefer it to neutral or warm highlights on blurred, moving water. While you were making that image, I was at Horsetail GFalls, photographing a newlywed couple from Ft. Luderdale...and I too went with slightly blue-toned water.

How long is this exposure?Is that like 3 seconds, or 10 seconds?

Thanks Derrel!

I liked the touch of blue too. This was daylight white balance shot in basically daylight. The water was very clean so there was a hint of blue in it anyway! I thought shade and cloudy white balance really made the image look much less pleasing.

It's 0.6 seconds!!!

zOMG...there really WAS a ton of water....that is what you got at just 6/10 second??? Whoa!!! An elderly man in his late 60's, part of a group of two couples from California, came back from a really quick in-and-back hike to Ponytail Falls. I asked him how the hike was, and if there was plenty of water in the falls, and he told me, "Yeah, there's lots of water, and there's also some guy out in the middle of the creek, taking pictures! He's right out in the middle of it, with a tripod and everything!"

"Big, tall, redheaded young fellow?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's him alright. He was really gettin' into it." Lolz.

I like your call on the white balance...I always go with whatever "feels" and looks right, no matter what the time of day or the conditions might indicate by the imaginary rule book. The WB you went with looks great.

zOMG...there really WAS a ton of water....that is what you got at just 6/10 second??? Whoa!!! An elderly man in his late 60's, part of a group of two couples from California, came back from a really quick in-and-back hike to Ponytail Falls. I asked him how the hike was, and if there was plenty of water in the falls, and he told me, "Yeah, there's lots of water, and there's also some guy out in the middle of the creek, taking pictures! He's right out in the middle of it, with a tripod and everything!"

"Big, tall, redheaded young fellow?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's him alright. He was really gettin' into it." Lolz.

I like your call on the white balance...I always go with whatever "feels" and looks right, no matter what the time of day or the conditions might indicate by the imaginary rule book. The WB you went with looks great.

Lol. Yeah I saw people looking down at me at the rim. A couple snapped some cell shots of me I think.

Water contains too much blue ink in my opinion. Good exposure and nice image in summary.

Thanks!!!

Beautiful shot. Love the blue tone.

Thanks Tim.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back