Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time shooting in super low light:
800 ISO
70mm
1/50th sec

I would like to know about feelings on exposure, composition, and overall appeal if any. Thanks for looking.

apool_filteredweb.jpg

it might be my bad eyes but it looks blurry to me, compostion looks good, exposer might be a lil long but i cant really comment on that too much, because i myself am trying to figure that out on my own pictures

DOF is off for my liking. At this angle (and the table being so thin) you could capture everything in focus to make it feel better. Personally, I like the straight lines and this IS a new angle to an otherwise beaten subject (sorry, but that was a compliment). Your lighting is good but if illuminated better you can use a lower ISO - but then you may get some wash on the ball. Speaking of the ball, I notice a "dual" shadow. You might want to enhance that effect a bit with two brighter lights, experiment with distance too. Also on lighting I like the negative space forcing focus on the subject so be careful IF you take any of my suggestions. As JeLeak said, it's either out of focus, my eyes are bad or something else - just doesn't seem right.

I think your DOF needs to be on the cue ball myself. As far as composition, I would have moved the poolstick up so both sides are out of the frame. If not my eyes stop on the end that is in frame. Maybe a slightly lover angel to the shot also. I do like where you are heading with this one though.

My favorite past time. I would have liked to see more of the table, I agree that it looks a little thin. The exposure is to my liking, and it does look a little blury. Overall good work.

Hmmm. I didn't see the softness before, but you guys are right. It looks like my focus was on the front side of the table. Long night last night. I did my first concert and the results were disasterous.

I like the subtlety of just having the cue ball. One little nit that bothers me for some strange reason.....the stick should be either completely in the scene, or have the tip cut off as much as the handle. I think maybe the latter might have a better effect???

Most reactions

Back