Poorman's Macro

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This stuff is soo much fun (reversing the lens)

IMG_3750.jpg

thread.jpg

carpet.jpg

peppercorn.jpg

paperclip.jpg

selotapedispenser.jpg

salt.jpg

well im giving you thumbs up cuz i have no clue wtf any of these are! the first one reminds me of the dust buddies off big compfy(sp?) couch.

-Joe

Ok i'm confused because at 1st i thought this was a joke. Anyway how do you do it? do they sell some sort of special mount for the lens?

No need to have a special mount. Turn it round and hold it tight against your camera. That is all you need to do. Then move in on the object you want to photograph until you see that it is in focus. You have to move your camera into focus. You have no more means to turn anything or so...

And isn't it addictive, "daniel"?
I have finally tried this technique first yesterday and could not get enough of it. See here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37838

I also tried to capture some wool, but I haven't posted those yet.
Of yours here I do not know what 4 is, and I am not entirely sure that I care to know... ;). The last could be sugar. Is it?

Must be "just you"... I can see the photos all right (but then sometimes others get to see photos that never appear on my screen... I never know why something like that happens).

Nice stuff LaFoto especially the eye one! It's amazing the magnification you can get.

Number 4 is something you usually see in powder/crumbled form and is for food...

If you don't mind me guessing... here's what I think they are: ;)
#1) I dunno, some kind of lint ball or something
#2) Some fabric with a couple threads poking out
#3) Velcro
#4) Pepper
#5) Some kind of tool like a screwdriver or something
#6) This one has me stumped. Zipper maybe?
#7) Salt

Awsome, These are very magnified. The last five are very pleasing to the eye. Great work.

Nearly all correct Unimaxium.

It's carpet not velcro so now you can appreciate the magnification!!

And the one thta has you stumped is the serrated edge on a tape dispenser.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back