What's new

Pop

Liban

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Location
Toronto
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
all feedback appreciated

giopop.jpg
 
Reasonably interesting idea but too far from the subject IMO... though I think you might be able to pull us in a little more with a panoramic crop. Seems counterintuitive, but it might work.

Also, straighten it please.
 
Loses impact because the focal length is so short that the man and the pop machine appear insignificant within the overall area encompassed. This is one of the pitfalls of working with too short a focal length, from too far back. Camera needed to have been leveled, and the Cafeteria sign might better have been included in its entirety. I like the glow of the pop machine, but the HDR-type processing has reduced the glow's impact a bit too much for the idea to come through as strongly as it would if the lower tones were made darker, and the light from the machine appeared more as a light source, radiating its allure out to the man, hungry for a can of pop. Looking at this, I wonder what it would have looked like shot with a 35mm lens, from about 25 feet away, with the machine on the right and the man on the left,and the majority of that cavernous hallway eliminated...I think it might be a pretty strong shot!
 
Reasonably interesting idea but too far from the subject IMO... though I think you might be able to pull us in a little more with a panoramic crop. Seems counterintuitive, but it might work.

Also, straighten it please.

I think I would really like this one if it had a panoramic crop.
 
but the HDR-type processing has reduced the glow's impact a bit too much for the idea to come through as strongly as it would if the lower tones were made darker, and the light from the machine appeared more as a light source, radiating its allure out to the man, hungry for a can of pop.
I agree with this. Other than that, the problem here is not necessarily the focal length but the size of the photo. I'm sure this one would flat-out rock if blown up, and enjoyed in an environment darker than the stupid bright background that we have here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom