Poppa Oriole feeding the kids

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This nest is a short walk from the house, I've been going down with my tripod and watching for a bit. With luck, I'll get to document the babies growing up.
Oddly enough I have yet to see the female at the nest, I only see the male going back and forth bringing bugs for the babies and removing the leftovers...

000_9965PS1 16x9_233 - Copy.JPG

Nice capture. Well done. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

Beautiful bright, colourful shot and wonderful moment captured as well 👍

Thanks, all!

I've had a chance to do some observations and noticed a pattern.
The male (still the only one I've seen at the nest) will land in a tree other than the one the nest is in and higher up. I believe he's scoping out the area to make sure it is safe.
Then he lands in the tree with the nest but in a different part. Then he starts calling and he will not approach the nest until the babies respond.
Then its feeding time!

I got this earlier today and you can see the babies are already noticeably bigger.

A00_0383PS1 16x9_239 - Copy.JPG

2 shiny brand new little beaks for the world hey, enjoy watching them grow this season🤪.

Beautiful! I love the orange in the middle of all that green.

Good work at 300mm! 🏆

Thank you, sir!

But it is actually a 600mm shot. I am using an older Tamron 300mm/f2.8 with a Tamron 2x tele-converter. For reasons unexplained, my carera recognizes the lens but not the addition of the tele-converter.

I can handhold the whole rig if I have to but these shots are all with a tripod.

Most reactions

Back