Portable wood fired pizza ovens

No direct experience, but I began a shopping episode a few years ago.

Am I not seeing a damper on the first one? I see there is a series of air inlet holes in the door, but don't see them on the second one. The second one appears to have a damper(ish) thing on the flue, and I think I would like the transparency in the door. Also, is the stand included?

The glass door and stands are extra !

It appears, on the second one, you leave the front door ajar when first firing the oven..

$1000?!

Pretty sure I could build something similar for much less.

Not interested in building one.

Oh Yeah ! But at least twice the cost !

Wouldn't this be a LOT easier?????

LOL, they won't deliver to my acreage. Believe me, I've tried to talk them into it, he, he....

Cheers, Don
Understandable. The Forno is the only one that I've had experience with and it is really good.

I like to cook, I like pizza, I (had) lots of nice wood, so I thought pretty hard about building an oven in the back yard. Actually, I was planning to make it on a steel frame with heavy-duty casters so I could roll it under cover when cool. Wifey thought better of it. Since then, I've given away much of my wood that I was saving under cover. Oh, well.

I used to work at a pizza joint in Detroit (16 years old night job) and they had one. They made a nice pie for sure. I didn't work there long. We got robbed at gun point the first week I worked there and they duct taped everyone up and robbed the joint. There was a little fat guy there and they made him crawl around on the floor and squeal like a pig. I quit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not interested in building one.

Depends on your definition of "build". Lol

She might build a good pizza oven in her regular oven but she don't know how to build a margarita pizza. Margherita pizza has sliced fresh tomatoes on it and fresh basil leaves on it. With the cheese it's red white and green the color of the Italian flag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back