Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This might be a stretch but :)

Anyone have any experience with these types of ovens ?

I'm considering two models, one made in Portugal in stock and shipped from Ontario > Portable Wood Fired Pizza Oven For Patio, Deck, Catering

The other direct from Italy with 5-7 business days delivery by Fedex > Portable wood fired pizza oven

Very similar in size/construction/cooking heat and warm up periods, both roughly $1000 US including taxes and shipping.

I understand a much more serious DIY traditional masonry oven can be had for close to the same price but this installation will be on a wood deck and the size is appropriate to my needs.

IMAGE CREDITS TO THE MAKERS.

This is the Portuguese model..

Pizza oven.JPG

Italian..

Pizza party.jpg

Cheers, Don

No direct experience, but I began a shopping episode a few years ago.

Am I not seeing a damper on the first one? I see there is a series of air inlet holes in the door, but don't see them on the second one. The second one appears to have a damper(ish) thing on the flue, and I think I would like the transparency in the door. Also, is the stand included?

Last edited:
I know everyone thinks of Italy when they think pizza, but my people have been making bread in outdoor stone ovens for centuries and we know what we're doing, so of course, I'd go with the Portuguese one :D

(Plus, I imagine fewer things can go wrong when shipping from Ontario vs shipping from Italy.)

$1000?!

Pretty sure I could build something similar for much less.

No direct experience, but I began a shopping episode a few years ago.

Am I not seeing a damper on the first one? I see there is a series of air inlet holes in the door, but don't see them on the second one. The second one appears to have a damper(ish) thing on the flue, and I think I would like the transparency in the door. Also, is the stand included?

The glass door and stands are extra !

It appears, on the second one, you leave the front door ajar when first firing the oven..

$1000?!

Pretty sure I could build something similar for much less.

Not interested in building one.

Oh Yeah ! But at least twice the cost !

Wouldn't this be a LOT easier?????

LOL, they won't deliver to my acreage. Believe me, I've tried to talk them into it, he, he....

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back