Portfolio Choices

Reaction score
Website
www.carolinedixey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I recently had some comments about my portfolio not being exactly what it could be. I know it needs some work, but I don't really know where to go from here. The kind of jobs I am aiming for are photographing (in no particular order):
Children
Weddings
Nightlife/Parties
People
Pets
Events

I thought that showing in my portfolio, two images of each of the areas that I believe define me as a photographer would help with this. (again in no particular order):
Children
Weddings
Events
"Art"
People
Pets
Nature
Events

What my final product is: www.carolinedixey.com/portfolio

Critique so far is that the images are out of focus, look like snapshots, and are blown out. So what images <i>should</i> I have in my portfolio? Are the images just plain bad? Do they misrepresent me? I know looking through all my images was enough work for me, so I wouldn't wish that upon anyone else, but a general critique and/or a recommendation of book/website that helps with portfolio building would be much appreciated.

In case you're interested, nearly all of my photography is stored online and available for viewing at: (I'm still working on making a lot of my images into selections on my website.)
http://www.pbase.com/dixeychik7/galleries

Thank you thank you!

Most reactions

Back