Portfolio Question

AnalogRVA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please forgive me if this the wrong section...as I'm new and couldn't seem pigeon hole this inquiry in any of the other sub-topics....

I recently submitted a small portfolio to be considered for an exhibition. The folks really loved my work, but they replied wanting to know....

"What are the dimensions, weight and material?"

Now the dimension part is easy, but I've never heard someone ask what the weight and material of a photographic work is.Any suggestions?

Please forgive me if this the wrong section...as I'm new and couldn't seem pigeon hole this inquiry in any of the other sub-topics....

I recently submitted a small portfolio to be considered for an exhibition. The folks really loved my work, but they replied wanting to know....

"What are the dimensions, weight and material?"

Now the dimension part is easy, but I've never heard someone ask what the weight and material of a photographic work is.Any suggestions?

I have no idea, just don't pay them if they start asking for money

The only time I've seen a similar request for information was when the work needed to be shipped to the exhibition/competition venue and the event organizers were going to be responsible for storing the shipping packaging and for return shipping.

The only other reason that I can see that they would need weight and material info would be to verify the size, load on the wall where hung, and other "engineering" issues that may be encountered. I've seen museum exhibitions that have posed such challenges. One was a collection of simple unframed but mounted photographs. The issues came from the size of the prints and the material used for the mounts. They were images about ~40"x 50" mounted on 1/4" thick aluminum. It wasn't a trivial job hanging those rather heavy prints.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Most reactions

Back