Portrai of daughter

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been taking monthly portraits of my daughter and thinking of maybe doing a calendar as a gift for the grandparents for Christmas. This one is from this month. What do you all think? C&C appreciated. I've been working more on my lighting lately now that I have a good light meter. I know the positioning of the key light is a little off which makes the placement of the catchlights a little off. Ideally, they should be around 1 o'clock, no?

IMGP6828bwweb.jpg

i love the lightness of this, and her expression is adorable! the catchlights don't bother me. i think a calendar is a great idea too. post more next month!

Lisa, thanks for taking the time to bother commenting. She's turning out to be a good model though I had my doubts a couple of years ago. What do you think of the lighting? I don't use high key much.

Anyone else?

The trend seems to be that you either get nothing or a bunch of sheep who just tell you nice job. Eh... the forum has its ups and downs.

I do like the image. I'm usually not fond of high key stuff, but this really works.

I honestly dont mind the position of the catch lights in her eyes. They are still visible, and while getting them a bit more to the side would be good, I find they work in the image.

I just love the gap in her teeth and that huge smile. This is definately a keeper and would be a great addition to the calendar.

Not much else to say really...light is nice, black white conversion is well done, the image is sharp, framing is nice. If I were to nit pick, I'd say the bottom left of the frame is a tad too bright, even for high key.

The trend seems to be that you either get nothing or a bunch of sheep who just tell you nice job. Eh... the forum has its ups and downs.
Some times a "nice job" gives a bump to thread so it can get attention of experts like yourself.

Anyways, I did like the photo, Nice job :thumbup:

This is why I need a 2 light strobist kit! I only take pics of my daughter and I want to take ones like this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back