portrait attempts

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so, i got an umbrella the other day and i've been messing around with it a lot lately. what do you guys think of these? i know the composition of all of them and background in the first one is lacking greatly, but i was mostly just experimenting with the flash and umbrella rather than backgrounds or composition of the image. any suggestions or tips would be great too

2969845415_867c70e76e.jpg

2967944573_aa607c0e12.jpg

2965890263_e46f65e0de.jpg

thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
I like the lightning of picture 1 and 3, also like the background of 3. For 2, I think the portrait is a quite overexposed, some details are gone... (in my opinion)

thanks. yeah, i think the second one is slightly over exposed as well. it was pretty bright out too though, but i probably could have tuned the flash down some

is this a single flash and umbrella set-up? If so, I am very impressed with the lighting. #2 is a difficult shot, but I think if you would have underexposed more you still would have been okay. Good job w/ the lighting!

Derrick

yes, it is just one flash with an umbrella. the first two were at the subjects 2 o'clock roughly, and the third one was around the subjects 11 o'clock

Are you shooting through or reflecting? Again, I am very impressed with the lighting for such a simple set-up and am anxious to get home and experiment some myself.

Derrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back