Portrait of a Lady

Marc Kurth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tall ship Lady Washington cruising offshore, Central Coast, CA.

4499webDS.jpg

I like it alot--the composition is beautiful and the ship is in focus! Nice capture!!!!

Great composition. The ship looks great and the background compliments it nicely. The Mountain is just enough to give the image a nice balance.

I appreciate you folks taking the time to comment. This is part of a "Tall Ship" series I did awhile back.

Nice. Normally I prefer a shorter depth-of-field with these types of shots, but the background is monotone enough that it works really well being in focus. There is just enough interest, without the background overpowering the subject. Nice job!

Peace,

Roey.

Nice. Normally I prefer a shorter depth-of-field with these types of shots, but the background is monotone enough that it works really well being in focus. There is just enough interest, without the background overpowering the subject. Nice job!
Peace,
Roey.

Thanks Roey,

Yup, I went through the whole super shallow DOF phase in the late 60's when I was new to photography. Eventually I discovered that sometimes the context of an image was more important and required just he opposite.
I do understand what you mean though.

Marc

Incredible. I love the movement and balance of the photograph-- it's a nice composition. It's also so dramatic with the wind blowing into the ship. Beautiful! :)

I wanted to thank you folks for the supportive comments! I've been down with a nasty flu bug and work related problems so I haven't had time to get here.

This image ended being the basis for a fantastic painting by an extremely talented maritime artist based in the Pacific Northwest. The painting has spent time touring some rather prestigious galleries, because Bob is so good: Mystic Seaport: The Museum of America and the Sea™

And: Ladywa

Marc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back