Portrait of my Parents

How did you manage to see what the photos were like prior to my edits?:)

I get what you mean about the darkening of the background. I wanted to leave it a bit brighter to allow separation of the hair but the cloth background was quite crumpled and it was quite obvious before I darkened the back

How did you manage to see what the photos were like prior to my edits?:)

I get what you mean about the darkening of the background. I wanted to leave it a bit brighter to allow separation of the hair but the cloth background was quite crumpled and it was quite obvious before I darkened the back

I viewed the image in Lightroom, and it showed me the image as it was, before the editing process. I have only fairly recently encountered this behavior. I'm not even sure how that works, but I "think" it's because there are image editing applications that can just make changes to the way an image DISPLAYS, like cropping, or color adjustment, but which do not actually discard the original data instruction set.

hmm, i cannot seem to do it with my own LR. would it be possible to post a pic of what you saw as the before? these photos went through PS more than LR so i'm curious to see if what you got was the original or some form of mid-process shot. perhaps there's something i could be better doing during the editing process!

Okay, here are the images as my Lightroom "sees" them:

$mum n dad-3-X3_Lightroom.jpg

$mum n dad-5-X3_Lightroom.jpg

hmm definitely strange, that wasn't the original image. nonetheless thanks for your input. I'll be more wary about the black hair/background issue in future!

Most reactions

Back