Portrait session of the girlfriend. C&C?

Sam6644

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographic-evidence.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been wanting to get in a little practice using my 430EX II off camera, so I finally talked my girlfriend into being my subject. We went out to the park and shot for half an hour or so.

Ault Park - Cincinnati, Ohio
7D, 70-200 f/2.8 L
430EX II off camera

4842048459_bd9cd19671.jpg

4842047951_689a5360dd.jpg

4842047211_75e9f57f28.jpg

4842667702_c33c0f3a9c.jpg

handful more on my flickr: Odessie at Ault Park - a set on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Nice work, focus is on target in all, nice range of colors with backgrounds throughout.

1. The only thing I would have changed with this one is have her hold her head back and up a little more instead of down and forward, and then there is a little bit of blown out areas but not really that big of a deal.

2. I kinda see robertwsimpson's feedback here, but is she squinting with that right eye a little?

And the rest I wouldn't change a thing.

One question though, no teeth? :mrgreen:

Nice work, focus is on target in all, nice range of colors with backgrounds throughout.

1. The only thing I would have changed with this one is have her hold her head back and up a little more instead of down and forward, and then there is a little bit of blown out areas but not really that big of a deal.

2. I kinda see robertwsimpson's feedback here, but is she squinting with that right eye a little?

And the rest I wouldn't change a thing.

One question though, no teeth? :mrgreen:

Yeah, I really wasn't concerned with posing at all.. I wasn't directing her at all, just having her do whatever she wanted while I played with the camera and flash. It wasn't until I started looking at them at home that I noticed the poses are all similar and she wasn't smiling all the way. :lol:

Seems the next thing I need to work on is directing the model.

Seems to me there is a famous work of art.....Ooooh! The Mona Lisa! No teeth there also. If this is how she smiles, then why get caught up in it. You are capturing her in her natural, everyday personality. If you take something more formal, get the pose and smile you want, right?

I think you did a pretty good job working with what seems like some pretty harsh lighting.

gotaluvthosepens, I need to get the # of a scalper! Tickets are going to be impossible to get. If you can help, send me a PM. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back