Possible Solution for a slow Lightroom Classic CC

Well I'm glad I didn't spend $6000.

But others who have top of the line CPU still experience issues with LR being slow, so I don't know what to tell you then.

Its not about having the best CPU, it's about having the best CPU for LR. The more cores, the worse LR performs.

it's possible your GTX 1060 does a better job at single core processing than your multi-core CPU.

If youre not on a SSD drive yet, that's a must.

I swapped out a 8-core CPU, 32GB of RAM, and my MB for a 4-core CPU, 16GB of RAM, and the MB only since I went from AMD to Intel and it was the best upgrade for LR ever. It still chokes up performing things like too many spot corrections on one image, but it's at least useable now. But the key with LR is a CPU that performs very well with single-core jobs. Abode has yet to optimize LR to take advantage of mutli-core processing -- they are too busy resting on their laurels.

I was seriously falling out of love with photography because processing my images was so painful before. But I'm still considering a different application, there's no reason they should have a monopoly over workflow/processing when they do such an awful job with it, there are plenty alternatives out there, but I hate learning :p

I recently got Affinity $50 once off, British software. However its an alternative to PS not LR. It does have the use-ability of LR, sliding scales and so forth, but no library facility so finished product wouldn't be banged out as fast as LR. Im not entirely convinced about raw processing either. There is meant to be a direct LR thing coming out but it may not be soon. You can free trial it for mac and windows

PS I only read the first couple of posts so didnt know you had tried it.

Most reactions

Back