Post edit c&c

scooter2525

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Originals are taken in raw and these are the camera's jpgs. I'm still a noob with CS4 so if someone could point me in the right direction....

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

i really like these! i love how the sun is shining right on the subject and i love the reflections in the puddles!

-dramatic

I don't like the green spot on the plane in the first shot, but I do like how it's not a complete silhouette and has some light showing on the edge of the cowl.

I don't like the green spot on the plane in the first shot, but I do like how it's not a complete silhouette and has some light showing on the edge of the cowl.

I didn't intend to have the green spot there. What could I do in the future to prevent that from happening?

I didn't intend to have the green spot there. What could I do in the future to prevent that from happening?

Well, in post processing you could probably use the clone stamp tool to brush it out of there. It is a little distracting. As far as avoiding it in the actual capture, I'm not sure.

Also, you might considering using a mask and darkening the plane just a tad to make the silhouette fuller which I think would really enhance the image.

Also, you might considering using a mask and darkening the plane just a tad to make the silhouette fuller which I think would really enhance the image.

How would I go about using a mask on CS4 to darken the plane? Use quick selection or the like? Thanks!

Didn't have any UV on. Had a ND filter on though...

So as for PP, what would someone suggest I work on to make these photos pop.

Thanks beth!

What could I do in the future to prevent that from happening?
A lens hood might help, but if you don't want any spots or flares you have to avoid shooting into the sun or light source (not always practical though).

Just hit it in PP, when shooting like that with a cheap lens, (mostly) you will get flare. Both shots are good though, in the first one, you might want to darken the silhouette.

Most reactions

Back