Post your BEST 3 of October 2021!

Fuji X-T4 + 56mm. Good eye! The lens stays on my camera most of the time. It takes patience to focus wide open. If I'm trying to isolate one bloom on a tree then it doesn't latch focus on the one bloom. So I have to find a high contrast point to focus on the correct plane of the tree and then move to bloom and refocus. When it latches on focus it is sharp.
The Fuji 60mm macro is the same. Slow/no AF in low light or low contrast when wide open but magic when it hits.

Fuji X-T4 + 56mm. Good eye! The lens stays on my camera most of the time. It takes patience to focus wide open. If I'm trying to isolate one bloom on a tree then it doesn't latch focus on the one bloom. So I have to find a high contrast point to focus on the correct plane of the tree and then move to bloom and refocus. When it latches on focus it is sharp.

Manual focus with High red peaking highlights. You could also do this and shoot it in monochrome raw and convert it in camera to color. Really makes life easier. I shoot my X100V this way about 75% of the time. I should mention that I shoot this way not because of AF issues but more similar to approach with film cameras.

The Fuji 60mm macro is the same. Slow/no AF in low light or low contrast when wide open but magic when it hits.
Magic is a good word to describe when it does hit focus

Manual focus with High red peaking highlights. You could also do this and shoot it in monochrome raw and convert it in camera to color. Really makes life easier. I shoot my X100V this way about 75% of the time. I should mention that I shoot this way not because of AF issues but more similar to approach with film cameras.
I may give that a try sometime.

Stripes B&W s 5438.jpeg

Spence Noir Prof s 5504.jpeg

Fall DoF 2 s 5525.jpeg

Most reactions

Back