Post your street shots thread

smartphone frame.jpg

Shoot from the hip or waist level finder perhaps? Neither 6 nor 7 do they look into the lens ( not saying you aren't aware of that) but both are low framed. I still use a Sony R1 for this reason amongst others. It's not a small camera but it's more discrete to use in some ways than a compact. I'm looking down, not at the scene directly.

More Fuji Stuff:

One skill I would like to develop is how to take portraits of people in their natural element where they know they are being photographed and are actually looking into the lens but do not have the look someone who is posing. Like number 6 and 7.
Nope, all from the eye with XT1's. I tried shooting street in an inconspicuous fashion ... but didn't like it. I felt like I was hiding or stalking or both ... wanted to shower when I got home. I haven't any objections to those who shoot from hip, it just isn't for me. Typically, I shoot street with two cameras and a camera bag.

_GA12620-XL.jpg

Eye Contact (from the same shoot as above.)
DSCF5865.jpg

I’d call that a bridge or river shot. But I don’t think anyone really cares. Typically, Classic Street, depicts images of people going about their daily lives. Your photo would most likely fall into the genre of landscape and/or architecture.

Just minute after that one.

View attachment 154992

This one had a great deal of potential. Often times we need to evaluate our scene and wait for the subject to come into our zone. Maybe you didn't create a zone? I have no idea because I was not there. The lady is the subject. In my opinion, we have to create a separation from her environment because she is the subject of interest. My thought, not knowing the environment but judging your view, would be to pick a spot that made her light up, causing her to detach from the background. I assume it was not much further of a walk for her to come into the potential, golden, rim light, zone I envision. To be fair, that is my vision from what you display and may not be your vision. Based on the light to the viewers left, this may have been possible but not certain as I have no idea whats behind you. I personally would have walked away from this frame if my back was up against a wall and I could not capture her in that beautiful golden light coming from her left. I don't know, it's easy to get excited with a great potential shot and blow it but I am regretful on posting my response because I have been there and will be again. I am not an expert.

Just minute after that one.

View attachment 154992

This one had a great deal of potential. Often times we need to evaluate our scene and wait for the subject to come into our zone. Maybe you didn't create a zone? I have no idea because I was not there. The lady is the subject. In my opinion, we have to create a separation from her environment because she is the subject of interest. My thought, not knowing the environment but judging your view, would be to pick a spot that made her light up, causing her to detach from the background. I assume it was not much further of a walk for her to come into the potential, golden, rim light, zone I envision. To be fair, that is my vision from what you display and may not be your vision. Based on the light to the viewers left, this may have been possible but not certain as I have no idea whats behind you. I personally would have walked away from this frame if my back was up against a wall and I could not capture her in that beautiful golden light coming from her left. I don't know, it's easy to get excited with a great potential shot and blow it but I am regretful on posting my response because I have been there and will be again. I am not an expert.

Yeah, I totally agree. Main problem I had is that I used manual Helios 44M-4 lens, and I have problem with pin (I will fix it really soon), so my f is right now stuck at 2. At the moment i was afraid that hard light from Sun will kill contrast and everything there (on some other photos everything is too bright even when shutter is 4000), so I took this one and second later was too late for one more shot. I'm still getting used to manual lenses and I'm still not that fast when we talk about focus and everything. That place is great for shots and I'm there quite often, so I will take more photos there for sure. :) Thanks on comment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back