Poster Sized Collage Help

mariajef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi

i have photos that i took (raw format) of a farmer's market in my town that i have been asked to use to create a poster sized collage for marketing purposes.

i'm wondering if photoshop cs3 would be a good tool to use to create such a collage (since i have it already). i have scott kelby's cs3 book but in looking quickly, didn't find exactly what i was looking for.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeff

One quick way:

Open a new file with the dimensions of the poster. Maybe call it "poster."

Open the individual images, resize them and drag them into the "poster" file.

Arrange them nicely and do any more resizing that's necessary.

Photoshop would work, but you'll create just one huge image that will take up a lot of space. If you're okay with that, and have a way to print it off, that's cool. But if you wanted to maybe put in some words or leave some spaces in-between photos, then you might wanna look towards Acrobat. Acrobat will treat it like a document, whereas Photoshop will treat it as an image.

Microsoft might have a program too... They used to have Microsoft Publisher, which I loved. I don't know if they still do, though.

I used Photoshop for mine. First I created a huge empty document big enough to handle the estimated width and hight, then pasted all my images as layers into this document. Then I aligned and resized by hand. When resizing, I used the transform command with the aspect ratio locked. It was a bit of a pain, but definitely doable. Here is mine: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119588

I have put together all kinds of crap in photoshop like menu's and specials boards, that photoshop is not really designed for, it works If your creative, but you end up with some huge files; Hit open, then go get a cup of coffee!:D

Ive done some things like creating a border or frame, by resizing the canvas with a new background color, then doing it again with another color, so I have a thick frame with a real thin highlight on the inside of another color, then bevel and emboss the edges. I think the main texture was just a solid color with one of the artistic filters applied. Simple but effective.

Not sure if this was the final document, but just an example.

Menusmaller.jpg

I have a book "50 PS Element 3.0 Techniques" ... something like that.

Author: Gregory George

There is a chapter on "web based" collage. I'm sure you can use same technique for what you want.

I'm also assuming CS3 has all features of Elements :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back