Posting a picture

dbvirago

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brooksimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've read the thread at the top and most of the time I link images from my gallery, but sometimes I want to use the option to upload from my computer. I don't see docs on that. What is the size limit? It tells me when it is too large, but doesn't say what size it is looking for. thanks

I've read the thread at the top and most of the time I link images from my gallery, but sometimes I want to use the option to upload from my computer. I don't see docs on that. What is the size limit? It tells me when it is too large, but doesn't say what size it is looking for. thanks

Resize the photos to about 1,000px along the long edge. You should be able to upload it then. There is no need to post full resolution photos. They make navigating through the thread difficult.

Thanks, that's what I did for the last one. I will create an export in LR for this and keep it at 1000 long side.

Here is what I see when I go to upload photos:
Disk space allowed on your account: 100,000kb (102,400,000 bytes) - basically 100MB
3500kb
(around 3.5MB) file size limit

I'm not sure if the limits are different for non-supporting members or not. They probably are.

They must be. First couple of tries this morning, I got the file size down to just above 2Mb and it wouldn't take it. Which brings up the question. supporting member?

They must be. First couple of tries this morning, I got the file size down to just above 2Mb and it wouldn't take it. Which brings up the question. supporting member?

Click the "Suporting Member" image under my name to get more info.

You are using much too high quality - and it doesn't make any difference for web viewing.
Use quality around 50.
That will get a 1000 x 666 image to about 350 - 500 k

p241610574-5.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back