Posting on Instagram

robimatteo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody,
I have been taking pictures for a long time and everyone keeps asking me when I will ever show them what I have taken. I wanted to start posting my pictures on Instagram. I am currently editing pictures on Photoscape X and I cannot find anything online regarding how to post a whole picture. What I mean is that there are some pictures I don't want to crop and I would like to post but as you know you are restricted to certain dimensions. I have seen people using white frames to solve the problem (on photoshop) the only thing is that I don't know how to do it using Photoscape X. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance

When I post in Instagram and don’t want my photo cropped I just pinch in to zoom out before hitting next on the first screen. If you’re not posting a square it will leave space at the top and bottom, or the sides depending on portrait or landscape orientation but otherwise it’s fine.

It works with landscape photo's but it crops out part of the pictures taken in portrait.

I have not had that issue with photos shot in portrait orientation. I post to Instagram using an iPhone 6s+

When you export your photos form your software make sure they are re sized to 1080 on the long end and the whole image will show in Instagram without you having to crop it in instagram.

they are re sized to 1080
Agree, this guy has a good write-up on it: Instagram Sizes and Dimensions: Everything You Need to Know

But, 1080 looks to be the maximum size. I've usually cropped my images to 4x5, and they work well enough. I tend to favor the 4x5 for portraits anyways, so it works well for me.

Meanwhile, this forum does not provide a method to post Instagram pictures, so if you want to share on here, you'll need to either upload directly or find another website to store your photos on (not that IG is a photo storing site, anyways...).

Agree, this guy has a good write-up on it: Instagram Sizes and Dimensions: Everything You Need to Know

But, 1080 looks to be the maximum size. I've usually cropped my images to 4x5, and they work well enough. I tend to favor the 4x5 for portraits anyways, so it works well for me.

Meanwhile, this forum does not provide a method to post Instagram pictures, so if you want to share on here, you'll need to either upload directly or find another website to store your photos on (not that IG is a photo storing site, anyways...).
That's the exact site I used when I first started posting to Instagram :D

also what I used posting on Instagram
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

also what I used posting on Instagram
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Same! :D

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

You can try to use Gimp aswel (free), and paste your 2:3 photos in a white 1:1 canvas.
You can change the colours of the surrounding canvas to colours that suit better to the image.
And then export it back to your phone.
I have a few examples on my IG @bulevardi_official

Most reactions

Back