New NC photographer.

PickleRick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. I am new to photography and am using a Nikon D5600. I have only used my camera before now to take pictures of wildlife and family events. Nothing fancy. I work for a medium-sized company on a small team and I want to take a picture with my team in front of our office building. Unfortunately, it is a 3 story building complete with a flagpole. I'd like to get the whole building and flag pole in the picture without my teammates looking tiny. How do I do this?

Welcome and enjoy the forum. I'm a Nikon shooter as well. FWIW, set your camera up at a distance where you can get in the whole building. You may have to go to portrait orientation, then bring your subjects closer to the camera until you are comfortable with their size in the frame. Good luck.

Welcome and enjoy the forum. I'm a Nikon shooter as well. FWIW, set your camera up at a distance where you can get in the whole building. You may have to go to portrait orientation, then bring your subjects closer to the camera until you are comfortable with their size in the frame. Good luck.
Thank you!. I'm dealing with generational differences in trying to explain the "rules" of the shot to the teammates and I'm taking on water. lol

You could use a wide angle lens as well, something like the Tokina 11-16mm may well suit. I have one I use with my Nikon D7500 so may be worth adding to you lens collection (...great for general stars in the sky and Milky Way shots ;) )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back