Posting pics

Hedgetrimmer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, all. I recently ran across this site and find it very informative. I'm looking to post some pics in the critique section. They're currently housed at Photobucket. When I copy the picture into my message, it looks no bigger than a thumbnail. How do I make the picture large enough so you can actually see what's going on?

k

Are you posting with the IMG tags? It should look like this
url]

only without the spaces.

Yeah, I'm hitting the IMG tag. The photo shows up small in my message when I hit the preview button. Will it increase in size once I actually hit the submit button?

No, it won't get any bigger. Are you sure you didn't upload the thumbnail version to photobucket? When you are in Photobucket, and you click on a picture to preview it, does it show up bigger?

Are you posting the url of the actual image at photobucket or are you getting the url of the thumbnail preview on photobucket?

Also, make sure your photo are not too big (under 250k, I think) when you upload them to photobucket, other wise they will be automatically be resized. Although I don't know if it gets compressed or shrunk.

I'm not sure if I uploaded a thumbnail or not. What I did was go to Photobucket, clicked on browse, selected my picture from a floppy and uploaded it. PB says its 169k. It may be a little larger than a thumbnail but not much.

Hedgetrimmer said:
I'm not sure if I uploaded a thumbnail or not. What I did was go to Photobucket, clicked on browse, selected my picture from a floppy and uploaded it. PB says its 169k. It may be a little larger than a thumbnail but not much.

OK, you uploaded the photo. Now that your photo is on photobucket you can see a thumbnail view of it and any other photos uploaded to that album. Copy the url or the img text from the slots below your photo. Or click on the photo to open it up in it's own window...then right click and click properties, copy the url and use that with image tags in your post here on the forum.

That's what I've been doing, but I'll try it again and see if it's any better. Thanks, everyone, for the help.

When you click properties it should give you dimensions for the image. Is it possible that your images are small to begin with?

Yeah, it's possible my image is small. I'll take it back to the photo lab, who did the scanning, and see what size they scanned.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back