What's new

Power of Red

sayambhu

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
por.jpg



(Pilgrims at a temple : North-east India)
 
OMG this is awfull. Why did you do this to this shot?
It has nice depth and I like the portraits in the foreground. I am sorry but I believe you ruined a very nice shot here. Your signature all over the thing is not helping very much either...
 
OMG this is awfull. Why did you do this to this shot?
It has nice depth and I like the portraits in the foreground. I am sorry but I believe you ruined a very nice shot here. Your signature all over the thing is not helping very much either...


thanks for the feedback.

firstly, I did not shoot any "portraits", if you know and understand the definition of the term. its not a downright "photograph", its more of a distinctive image that I wanted to share. you wont notice "made-up" pictures like this in pages of Nat Geo. the red has a significance which you come to know of only when you visit the destination - its symbolic of holiness & divine entity - something that plays a huge part on the lives of people living in or visiting the place.

and its not my "signature" all over the picture (:D) - its a watermark of my website. its not there to "help" you or the picture - the magazine I'm working for has a copyright compulsion to prevent unauthorized printings. I have them on all my photographs I post on the forum.
 
I like the foreground, but the background with the red is a little too much. I probably would have kept the background just B&W and colored the three people in the foreground. Just my opinion! :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom