Thomas Cross
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Nov 5, 2016
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 0
Will I be tripping the FUSE BOX at my apartment?? I plan on buying two 500watt lights connected to 202 AC. I live in France and the voltage in my apartment goes up to 240. Thanks
If the two lights are the only use on the breaker at that time, no. Check the amperage rating on the breaker for that circuit, and I'm sure you will see that it is more than 5 amps. Probably more like 15 amps. That is what it is for most residential lighting circuits in the U.S.Will I be tripping the FUSE BOX at my apartment?? I plan on buying two 500watt lights connected to 202 AC. I live in France and the voltage in my apartment goes up to 240. Thanks
Watts are volts x amps, my circuits here in the US are all 20 amp, at 120 volts, which means I can pull 2400 watts per circuit, with some caveats. not super familiar with UK wiring, but I would imagine you would be able to support a similar load.