PowerShot SX740 HS

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had this little point and shoot for about a week now and I think I'm going to like it. I haven't made any large prints with it yet so not sure how that will work. But looking at images on my 27" monitor they look quite good for a pocket sized point and shoot camera anyway. Certainly the 20m pixel sensor is a big improvement over my old PowerShot I've had for more than 10 years. lol

This one has manual mode with control over both shutter speed and f-stop, even manual focus and saves raw files as well.

Anyway the learning curve continues.

Nice, got to like your camera to use it. Enjoy it and have fun!

Awesome. The point and shoot and/or bridge cameras have come a long way. I've had several for my hunting and fishing trips. The latest is a PowerShot SX520 HS. Post some pics.

I picked up an SX400 at Goodwill for $40 a few years ago. Not nearly as capable as yours will no true manual mode and no raw. Still, super compact and a fun challenge on occasion.

I picked up an SX400 at Goodwill for $40 a few years ago. Not nearly as capable as yours will no true manual mode and no raw. Still, super compact and a fun challenge on occasion.
The SX740 can’t do RAW either, doesn’t have an EVF, and severely crops 4K. Despite that, it’s really a capable pocketable super zoom.

Most reactions

Back