Poxin's photo pheasts (updated with more photos)

poxin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ello, i'm poxin. Digital photographer.

I've got to many photos, i dunno where to start. But i will anyway. I may just stick to posting all my pictures in this one thread. Just to make things easier.

Here are some random shots to start.

I've never come across anything like before, nore have i since. I'm still not sure what caused the colours in the dropplets.

colourdropps.jpg

Ravenous river beast! :shock:

melogish.jpg

I've love symmetry

mirrorlake.jpg

Yum!

sameolshroom.jpg

"Slugsplosion"

slugsplosion.jpg

My eyess!!!!

ripples.jpg

My secret water fall get away

darceledge.jpg

First toad shot avaar

frog.jpg

ARGAHH!!

jump.jpg

"He thought he had reached the peak, only to find it was one of many"

perch.jpg

When water get old...do do che!

ripplews.jpg

Almost there!

spiralonastick.jpg

Our sacred climbing tree

sunsetree.jpg

Yuki and yogi

yogiyuki.jpg

"He could never quite fully transform, the feathers were the tricky part."

whazxely.jpg

Thats it for my introduction. I'm sorry it was so many pictures, it's so hard to choose what to post and what not to post.

Many cheers! :D

don't apologize... it's fine. i like lots of pictures on one thread, personally.

in that first picture, that looks like sap to me. i could be wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised if that's what that was. anyway, very interesting shot, i think. what kind of plant is that?

i think my favorite of all of those is the toad. it looks mean though. nice colors in the back and foreground on that one.

the rest are nice as well. welcome to the forum. can't wait to see more of your work! :D

Don't be sorry for posting so many pictures, because they were all great. I'm glad you couldn't make up your mind as to what to post and what not to post. I couldn't pic out a favorite of the bunch myself.
Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the forum!

For all the dial-up users out there it'll be worth the wait if you have the patience to stick it out! :lol:

oi, poxin you are killing me! Those are absolutely fabs shots but my 56K is killing me. That's it I'm getting dsl !

where do i start? I love all of them, maybe it would help the posters here focus a bit more if you posted a few less than you did, but I do in general like multiple picture posts.

My favs 1, mushroom, and 'when water get old'.

You are quite talented poxin. great stuff.
cheers!

These all look very nice!

My favorites were "I love symmetry" (I love a good lansdscape, and the reflection really set it off), "when water get old" and the frog pic.

Keep 'em coming! You are very talented.

Nice work!! I love that frog - good color enhancement on #1 and the frog shot - ain't nuthin' like a purple frog staring at you.... :shock: I also like the water "abstract", very nice.... and the "When water gets old" shot. Beautiful!

If you get tired of shooting, maybe Chase (our Admin) could hire you to caption all our shots. Some of those cracked me UP. :lmao:

Fun stuff!!

wow, those are great. i especially love the first one, the amber color water droplets are very strange to find, i think ive come across something like that once before...

the rest are excellent. the climbing tree one reminds me of this tree in japan that was bright orange with a bright green inner leaves.

damn. im rambling on again. anyway, excellent photos

Also, you are from the eatpoo forums too arent you?

Wow, I am very impressed, as I scrolled through your pics I couldn't help but want more. I thought I would keep in mind some things that I liked about the first few, but by the end I'd lost track of all the things I liked!
1.Beautiful colour contrasts
2.nice composition
3.I love reflections like this
4.Succulent! I love how moist and temperate this looks. Did you take it in the pacific northwest?
5.lovely colour and composition
6.nice texture shot
7.Beautiful composition, makes me want to jump in!
8.I love frogs, this is a wonderful pic
9.Nice sense of motion
10.Flowers are one of my favourite subjects, nice shot with the beetle
11.This is AWESOME!
12.Perfect composition, I love the spiral of the shell against the linear branches.
13.Nice fall colour
14.Again, one of my favourite subjects, great shot
15.Not sure what this one is about. But the hiking aspect is appealing.

That was a long response! Keep them coming.
-Alicia

geez dude, easily some of the best work ao far on the boards!!

great job and welcome to the forums!
md

nice work! i see thst you show an interest in nature photography... really captured the beauty of often unnoticed aspects of nature

Nice pictures Poxin, do you have a website with more?

Thank you all for the welcome. I've been away for a week or so and i've started a new job, so i havent been able to check back untill now.

Carlita - Thank you. The one with the dropplets isnt a plant, or it was. That's a dead leaf from a cotton wood tree i think.

TwistMyArm - Thanks for the welcome.

Vonnagy - Thanx for the comments. I would post less pictures at a time but it's so hard to decide what to post and what not to post. I take photos every day and i end up with 50 or so pictures to filter through with every shoot. I usually pick and choose out of that and end upwith 20 or so that i wanna post. I've just gotten so used to it, it's hard to break the habit. =)

drlynn - Sank you sir!

terri - Thanx for the ups! Theres no actual colour enhancement on the frog shot. I have high saturation settings and a custom white balance on the camera. The purple comes from a slightly burn out ccd. You will notice a lot of contrasting magenta and greens in my photos. Where the photo is over exposed there will usually be a magenta burn out. My G1 is getting old =)

lukeybaby - Thank you! and i use a powershot canon G1. Soon to be traded in for a cannon 10d :sillysmi:

goodluk2u - Thanx. That climbing tree is a beach tree. It's so groovy. The inner leaves are greem and the ones on the out side are red. The reason this picture glows is cause of groovy sunset lighting.

cowbert098 - I'm still trying to figure out the reason the drops where coloured. I figured it might be due to some sort of oil. But from wat i dunno.

Liquidflight - Thank you very much for all the comments. I love this kind of feedback.

Captin-spanky - Ok, i'll post more! I'd like to see the multicoloured psychedelic deer that would leave pee like this :D

Mdowdey - Thank you millions!

~rosey~ Nature is my favouret thing to capture. There so many patterns and colours to photograph. It's a wealth of infinity out here!

GerryDavid - Yes infact i do www.poxin.com

This is where you can find all my past photos. Taken over a 3 year period, it's a large amount of photos to view. A 1000+ i think at this point. I'll continue posting some of my favourets from that gallery before i get to posting my new recent stuff.

And with that said, here is summore!

I chased this boat for a half hour to get this shot. Waiting, waiting, just for the right moment.

tugboat.jpg

The yellow fly

yellowfly.jpg

"When he tryed to hang himself he soon realized he had no neck"

cone.jpg

Misty manning morning

foggymorning.jpg

Tri-dimensional cosmic tentacle

greeness.jpg

Suger candy skys

intenset.jpg

God overlooking his empire